Gemini/Meetings/Minutes May 24 2011

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Gemini Meeting - Tues May 24, 2011

Attendees: Mike Keith, Shaun Smith, Tom Ware, Juergen Kissner

  1. RI status of Gemini components
    • Three components may or may not be RI for next rev of OSGi Enterprise spec
    1. Gemini Web - Yes
      • Was some concern within EEG that the existing RI is coupled to Equinox
      • People have committed to work on it to fix any bugs that need to be fixed
    2. Gemini Blueprint - No
      • A number of new Blueprint specs are being/have been added
      • Does not seem to be the will or resources within Gemini Blueprint to add support for the new specs
    3. Gemini Management - Possibly
      • Some bugs plus new features are being added to the JMX spec
      • Action: Juergen to check with Peter P to see if he is interested in adding necessary support
  2. Subproject Updates
    • DBAccess
      • Tycho build released to allow autobuild
      • Want to add more JDBC driver support
    • JPA
      • Some testing has been done on Tycho builds
      • Need to decide what build to use
      • ASM upgrade in EclipseLink caused compile-time breakage in Gemini JPA
      • Will likely delay release until after the EclipseLink 2.3 is out to avoid incompatibilities
  3. Gemini Demo
    • Would like to have a repo for all of the latest Gemini component versions
    • Repos would likely be in multiple formats (e.g. P2, Maven, .zip)
  4. Misc
    • Juergen asked if Bob N was planning on making any other changes to Naming
    • Action: Mike to send Bob an email to see what his release plans are