Jump to: navigation, search

Gemini/Meetings/Minutes Feb 8 2011

Gemini Meeting - Tues Feb 8, 2011

Attendees: Mike Keith, Shaun Smith, Bob Nettleton, Peter Peshev, Costin Leau, Juergen Kissner, Glyn Normington, Tom Ware

  1. Subproject Updates and Graduation Progress
    • Web
      • Still upgrading to Tomcat 7
    • Naming
      • Added committer guide to the wiki
      • In process of doing docuware
    • Blueprint
      • Submitted IP Log and was accepted
      • Docuware sent to list and to PMC for review
      • Graduation/release review scheduled for week starting Feb 23
      • Demonstrated to EMO that low bug count was not reflective of Blueprint project maturity
    • DBAccess
      • Submitted IP Log and was accepted
      • Plan to add bugs to bugzilla to track dev, etc.
      • Problem still exists with code refactoring result and build
        • Considering taking the build and then reapplying the refactoring on top
        • Work with Mike to resolve
      • Sent out docuware to the Gemini list
      • Action: All to read and comment on DBAccess docuware
    • JPA
      • Submitted IP Log and was accepted
      • Graduation/release review scheduled for week starting Mar 2
      • In process of doing docuware. Will send out by the end of the week
    • Management
      • Submitted IP Log and was accepted
      • Did a project plan
      • In process of doing docuware
      • Hoping to be able to schedule grad review in the last week before EclipseCon
  2. EclipseCon Tutorial
    • Some good DBAccess examples
    • Not sure if Blueprint is embeddable in Virgo
      • Glyn thinks it is possible with a few modifications to the environment
      • Probably better to take the components as they are and modify Virgo to get blueprint to work in it than to create new components all over again
    • It would be good if pre-loaded memory keys containing the software were available
      • Action: Glyn to check on procuring memory keys
    • Shaun to contact Bob if he needs help using Naming in the tutorial