Jump to: navigation, search

Gemini/Meetings/Minutes Dec 14 2010

Gemini Meeting - Tues Dec 14, 2010

Attendees: Mike Keith, Juergen Kissner, Shaun Smith, Glyn Normington, Tom Ware

  1. Subproject Updates
    • Web
      • Would like to upgrade to Tomcat 7 (Servlet 3.0)
    • DBAccess
      • Juergen deciding how to proceed on MySQL (check in first or refactor first)
      • Thinking about moving to Git source control
        • Should send out email to group asking for committer opinion before making any decision
        • Can contact webmaster to make the change and get resourced when ready
      • Looking to establish build process
      • Juergen to try committing to the portal, the web site in CVS and the source in SVN to ensure necessary permissions are granted
    • JPA
      • Bug with Felix causing some problems to JPA users
        • Richard put out a fix in the snapshot builds and is putting out a release this week
      • Plan to put out a milestone this week
  2. Graduation and Release
    • No input from Peter, yet, on Management
    • Juergen to look at the dates and decide whether DBAccess can make the dates
    • Will try to graduate and release together, but if the dates do not work for particular projects then they can always graduate on their own
  3. EclipseCon Workshop
    • Shaun to submit the workshop to EclipseCon program committee
    • A number of people volunteered to help out
  4. Integration issues
    • Still have the pending action to create a demo to showcase (aka test) the subproject integration
    • Can use the workshop as motivation to get the integration issues worked out between Gemini projects and between Gemini and Virgo
  5. Christmas meeting Schedule
    • Break for Christmas, next meeting Jan 11