This page provides the required docuware for the GMF Notation 1.5.0 Release Review, as part of the upcoming Indigo Simultaneous Release.
The GMF Notation Project provides a standard EMF notational meta model. The notational meta model is a standard means for persisting diagram information separately from the domain model. It can also be used as a basis for diagram interchange and was based on the principles in the OMG Diagram Interchange Specification
New in this release
No significant events have occurred with the Indigo release. GMF Notation is undergoing it's participation in the Eclipse Simultaneous release as it has for each and every release. This is the sixth yearly June release of GMF Notation.
Accordance with project plan themes and priorities
See the GMF Notation project plan at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.gmf-notation
- Documentation hosted at [GMF Documentation | http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF_Documentation]
APIs have not changed this release.
- The project lead certifies that the requirements for Eclipse Quality APIs have been met for this release.
- Metamodel definitions and corresponding implementations are considered APIs.
- API Tooling has been employed.
- No change.
- Tools haven't changed.
Nothing has been deprecated.
Bugzilla snapshot for Indigo:
Nothing has changed.
GMF Notation is a “+1” component in the simultaneous release.
M1 08/16/2010 M2 09/27/2010 M3 11/08/2010 M4 12/13/2010 M5 01/31/2011 M6 03/14/2011 API freeze M7 05/02/2011 Feature Freeze RC1 05/16/2011 RC2 05/23/2011 RC3 05/30/2011 RC4 06/06/2011 Indigo 06/22/2011
- Interaction in Bugzilla
- Minimal activity on the GMF newsgroup
- Minimal collaboration with other projects at Eclipse besides with GMF Runtime.
- None of the committers attended at EclipseCon 2011
Anthony Hunter, Lidija Grahek and Alex Boyko continue to be the committers on GMF Notation.
The GMF Notation component leadership verifies that:
- the about files and use licenses are in place as per the Guidelines to Legal Documentation.
- all contributions (code, documentation, images, etc) have been committed by individuals who are either Members of the Foundation, or have signed the appropriate Committer Agreement. In either case, these are individuals who have signed, and are abiding by, the Eclipse IP Policy.
- all significant contributions have been reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all non-Committer code contributions, including third-party libraries, have been documented in the release and reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all Contribution Questionnaires have been completed.
- the "provider" field of each plug-in is set to "Eclipse Modeling Project“.
- the "copyright" field of each feature is set to the copyright owner (the Eclipse Foundation is rarely the copyright owner).
- any third-party logos or trademarks included in the distribution (icons, help file logos, etc) have been licensed under the EPL.
- any fonts or similar third-party images included in the distribution (e.g. in PDF or EPS files) have been licensed under the EPL.
The GMF Notation Project IP log in located at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.gmf-notation
The current project plan is available from http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.gmf-notation
Draft development plan for next release is not yet available.