|Mailing List • Forums • IRC • mattermost|
Flux (originally proposed as "Flight") is a proposed new open source project under the Eclipse Technology project. This project aims at designing and implementing a new architecture and infrastructure for integrating development tools across desktop, browser, and servers. The goal is to provide an extremely flexible platform and infrastructure that allows new cloud-based tooling components to be built highly decoupled from each other and that bridges the gap to existing desktop IDEs at the same time. You can read more detail in the Project Proposal. The proposed initial contribution for Flux can be found in the flight627 GitHub repository and is now contributed as the initial commit into the official Flux project repository at GitHub.
Some recent articles and media on Flux:
- Interview about Eclipse Flux on InfoQ - Interview for InfoQ with Alex Blewitt, recorded at EclipseCon NA 2015.
- Connecting developer tools across desktop and web with Project Flux - Presentation from EclipseCon France 2014
- Connecting the Eclipse IDE to the Cloud-Based Era of Developer Tooling EclipseCon 2014 talk by Martin Lippert and Andy Clement
- Watch a short demo video by Flux co-lead Martin Lippert
- Eclipse builds a bridge between desktop and cloud development - InfoWorld
- New Eclipse project to marry the desktop IDE and the cloud takes flight - JAXEnter
- In Flux: Martin Lippert on the mission to marry the desktop and cloud IDE - Interview on JAXEnter
- In Flux: SE-Radio-Episode 205: Martin Lippert on Eclipse Flux - Interview for SE-Radio