Example: Aperi Reporter
This example shows how the agent should send a request to the server. The agent handler contacts the data server and retrieves the server status. The example also includes the client code necessary to exercise the agent handler.
- Extract the latest 0.2 code to your Eclipse workspace.
- Download the sample code.
- Import the sample
- Run the Example_Reporter launch configuration. Note: Compare this launch configuration with the "RunAperiAgent" launch configuration. It should be the same as the agent launch configuration with the addition of the "Example_Reporter" bundle.
- Start derby and the data server.
- Run the Example_Reporter_Client launch configuration.
- The console should output the message, "Request completed successfully.". If it does, check the agent log for the message, "HWM0001I: Server memory: <memory>".
- If the console displays an exception (1) check that the agent started successfully (2) correct the hostname and port information in the "example.AgentRequestHandler.client.Application" class.