Equinox p2 Meeting 20080520

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda

  • State for RC2
  • Focus areas for test pass

Attendees

  • Andrew Niefer
  • Andrew Overholt
  • Darin Wright
  • DJ Houghton
  • Jeff McAffer
  • John Arthorne
  • Pascal Rapicault
  • Scott Lewis
  • Simon Kaegi
  • Susan McCourt

Minutes

  • Need to make sure we have a good test pass today so we have an accurate picture of outstanding bugs
  • Simon will look at shared install scenarios
  • John will test shared install under Vista UAC
  • Andrew O will test shared install on Linux
  • Andrew N will test plugin/feature/site export to ensure p2 generation is correct
  • Translation lookups in the UI thread
    • Susan will look at initializing outside the UI thread
    • Dave looking at optimizing queries
    • Another possibility is to return the default language when called in UI thread
    • Could also create an option when querying repositories to only query locally cached state
  • We had a long discussion about extension locations. Pascal to write something up to summarize.
  • Shared install and dropins: There is a current bug we plan to fix for RC2: bug 232444