Equinox p2 Meeting 20080317
- Things to sort out for M6
- Story for forcing a plugin. Can Susan's new stuff help with this?
- Eclipse SDK Root files (license, etc)
- Support for bundles with no manifest (in JAR or directory format)
- Investigate any remaining test failures
- DJ Houghton
- John Arthorne
- Susan McCourt
- Tim Mok
- Installer currently can't install two different copies of the SDK, because it claims the profile already exists. Need to create a separate profile per install location.
- Can we find a short term solution to the forcing a plugin problem? Could invoke the Engine directly even though the planner is not satisfied. This would be slightly cleaner than telling users to edit bundles.info directly. However, there is no clear way to integrate this kind of functionality, and it would distract us from pursuing the real solution.
- Need to prioritize after M6 and focus on getting feature work done rather than addressing minor bugs.