Equinox p2 Meeting 20080219
See Equinox p2 Meetings for complete index.
- Now that we have graduated...
- Do we move the code now?
- Do we want a new mailing list, or do we want to stay on the equinox-dev mailing list?
- What is the status of the component creation?
- SAT4J is ready to go in how should we proceed
- BREE settings for Foundation 1.1/J2SE1.4 - catching more of the issues
- Andrew Niefer
- Andrew Overholt
- Dave Stevenson
- DJ Houghton
- Jeff McAffer
- John Arthorne
- Pascal Rapicault
- Scott Lewis
- Simon Kaegi
- Susan McCourt
- Tim Mok
- P2 Graduated
- Jeff requesting provisioning but several possibilities
- leave p2 in the incubator and wait and see with respect to the new RT top level project
- regular migration of p2 bundles to eclipse root
- create a p2 folder in the root and put our bundles under there
- Wait and see for now. Leaving things in the incubator may be convenient but might be a bit messy in terms of formalizing graduation of projects
- Need a list of the bundles that make up p2 (Simon)
- approval for use in the incubator
- Do we need SAT4J for integration with the SDK. e.g. is this going to block us.
- If we're confident we will be able to get approval outside of the incubator then we should proceed with doing integration in HEAD otherwise we should wait.
- Pascal to follow-up with the foundation
- Standardize how we're declaring our BREE
- Currently some project declaring JRE 1.4 first, but should probably _always_ use Foundation 1.1 to maximize our chance of inadvertently creating propblems
- DJ to look at build with Kim. If things look good we should proceed with updating all p2 BREE (aside: and possibly others in Equinox)
- Dev list
- Currently use equinox-dev and will continue to unless we're producing excessive p2 traffic
- Should use [prov] in our titles to help filtering.
- Status Updates
- Tim continuing work on certifacts and signature validation.
- Simon done profile registry format work. Now fixing up property operand problems and looking at profile timestamps and history. Following up with dropins reconciler - planning to add it this week.
- John done looking at mirroring. Some issues around hanging URL Connections that need to be resolved in ECF. Now looking at the build.
- Andrew N. progressing on product metadata. Some questions around reverse-engineering of the SDK product.
- Dave working on localization. Getting close to releasing -- tying up some issues around excessive localization metadata
- Susan looking at error handling and addding install handler detection and appropriate reaction in the UI. This week looking at extension location support.
- Andrew O. proceeding along with shared install. Work on an aggregator of metadata repositories in good shape. Patches forthcoming.