Jump to: navigation, search

Equinox p2 Meeting 20080211

See Equinox p2 Meetings for complete index.

Agenda

  • Discussion topics
    • Do we want to change/expand license metadata and copyrights? Bug 216911 and Bug 217001
    • Who will be driving the p2-ization of the Ganymatic, are we ready? Bug 208648

Attendees

  • Andrew Overholt
  • Dave Stevenson
  • DJ Houghton
  • Jeff McAffer
  • John Arthorne
  • Pascal Rapicault
  • Scott Lewis
  • Simon Kaegi
  • Stefan Liebig
  • Susan McCourt
  • Tim Mok

Minutes

  • Ganymatic/EPP
    • Ganymatic should just involve running generator over Ganymede update site
    • EPP requires more work - new product IUs for each package
    • Andrew N volunteered to look into this
  • What must be completed before integration in the SDK?
    • A solution to the "forcing a plug-in" use case (quick and dirty replacing version of a plug-in for testing purposes)
    • Updated features, p2-ized SDK build
    • We need to run all the Eclipse project automated tests on the p2-ized SDK - John to look at it
    • Mac support
    • Install registry format changes
    • Ensure user work flows are covered
  • SDK Build
    • Replace call to packager with call to director app for each platform
    • Or, switch to proper PDE product build, which has support now for generating p2 metadata
    • Pascal, DJ, and Andrew N to work on this
  • Licensing
    • Do something very close to current update manager functionality today
    • Avoiding defining concepts around licenses, license equality, etc
    • Remove notion of license id, and base equality strictly on license text wad
    • Do metadata change to encode license text in CDATA section in file formats
  • Translation