Jump to: navigation, search

Equinox Minutes - 20090106

Attendees

  • Jeff McAffer
  • Tom Watson
  • Pascal Rapicault
  • John Arthorne
  • DJ Houghton
  • Andrew Niefer
  • Oleg Besedin
  • Simon Kaegi

Agenda

  • 3.4.2
    • UserAdmin bug makes the service basically unusable (need Chris A to review)
    • ConfigAdmin bug. Tom needs to review
    • Launcher bug. Andrew is much inspired by this problem but its unclear this is actually critical enough. Fixing for 3.5 is good.
    • updating to ECF 2.1 - p2 team wants to move. Tom bring this up in the Eclipse planning meeting
  • 3.5 M5
    • Tom put in Composite bundles
    • Sidenote: Need to look forward wrt the modularity of the framework implementation. Think about this in the e4 context. May line up well with the next version of OSGi spec (2.0) as well. Need help from the community.
  • UNC path support. Would like to revisit if we think we are worse off than 3.4.
    • will look some more. Track bug 207103
  • Are we still thinking of including DS in the SDK.
    • Sure says John
    • Much discussion ensued around the issues. Everyone agrees that putting DS in the SDK but there are issues around how to ensure the bundle is started.
    • John to follow up with PDE team around tooling for managing the started-ness of the DS bundle.
  • Incubator move
    • Tom to send a message to equinox-dev re bug 258483 and see what is still alive. We will then review and submit the move request. Looking to submit request by M5.