Equinox Minutes - 20080513
- what happens if we have NLS changes later on in the cycle?
- just commit them, and people can react and update translations based on deltas provided from their tooling
- Andrew has been working with PDE and they have seen cases where bundles have been missing from an upgraded install
- Normal work-flow of extracting a delta pack on top of an install doesn't work anymore because we launch from the bundle.info
- Current behaviour is if the target is the running eclipse then use the bundle info, otherwise include everything in the target.
- PDE talked about adding auto-discovery but that is a problem because everything in the bundle pool would get installed
- Need to document the new work-flow and put it in the migration guide
Eclipse 3.4 RC1
- going through and assigning target milestones in bug reports
- things are looking pretty good
- still have some performance work to do
- looking at some work in the reconciler to avoid reconciliation unless necessary
- should we consider renaming some of our application ids? they are (for instance) org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application
- would probably confuse people more than it would help them
- could create a second id which is the same as the first
- are we able to deprecate an id?
- leave the ids for now