Equinox Minutes - 20080415
- Andrew Niefer
- DJ Houghton
- Jeff McAffer
- John Arthorne
- Matt Flaherty
- Oleg Besedin
- Pascal Rapicault
- Simon Kaegi
- Tim Mok
- Tom Watson
Problem with Today's Build
- there is a bug if you have things in your drop-ins and you update to today's build
- if you do, then you can't update afterwards
- we are going to delete the update site for today
- will send a message to the mailing list telling people not to update until the re-build
- people still can download the zip file
Bundle Versions for p2 Bundles
- what should they be?
- currently they are 0.1.0.qualifier
- can we do a 1.0 and not have real API?
- its all about perception, technically it doesn't matter
- we will still have to increase the major number when we have API in 3.5 so people with ranges will still have to change
- adding new API (from none) doesn't mean we have to increase by a major number, but a change in data format (for instance) does
- it will be 1.0
- how are they run?
- do they use the session test framework?
- are the simple configurator and update configurator fighting by installing/uninstalling source bundles?
- at one point they were creating a new config.ini
- is this still the case?
- if so then we would be just testing the old reconciler behaviour
- tests are using the dropins folder
- this is know to be slower
- we believe that regular startup is faster though since it doesn't need to reconcile
- startup tests also depend on the number of bundles being installed
- core startup test is already grey because when we went to individual source bundles there was a slow-down
- any API changes coming up?
- security support for 64-bit
- is this comparable to the community-provided fragments that we have for core.resources?
- oleg to follow up with user to see what they are interested in
- we don't currently keep an on-going log for Equinox
- it is required by the foundation
- we usually generate one each year
- we should just incrementally update previous ones