- PDE, feedback on the p2 launching support
- OVerall the functionality is much appreciated of the p2 developers. Unclear how the community will use it.
- The profile is a bit too often trashed, Darin and Curtis will look at how to make fine grained changes.
- At this point the profile does not have groups or roots, which may be confusing. Unclear which scenarios this affect.
- From binary to source
- PDE has an item to help ppl get the source of a bundle. 2 sub problems: a) where do we store the information about the source repository (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=243582) ? b) how does one find a source bundle from a binary bundle?
- b) will be solved by providing capabilities
- What about progressively moving the API to their final package?
- Each time you believe a class is good to go from an API standpoint, please move it to its final package. This will help us to see the progress.
- What will be the version of the packages and bundles?
- Packages and bundles will be move to version 2.0.
- Pascal reminds everybody to look at Genuitec's patch
- What about providing helper queries that are specific to a domain. E.g. FeatureQuery, BundleQuery, CategoryQuery, ... ProfileRootQuery,
- The need to provide domain specific query arises when we try to clean up the API from some constants. These domain specific queries will ease the usage of p2 API.
- We will look at making queries like bundleQuery, CategoryQuery, RootQuerues, etc.
- Simon mentioned that some constants were also polluting the Profile API. We will need to clean that up.
- Talked about the need to query for parts of the name or parts of the id
- Look at moving IUPropertyUtils to a lower level.
- How can we improve the query API? What are we trying to solve?
- Brief discussion about the on-going work to improve the query API.
- ESE recap by Henrik
- 20 minutes introduction talk to p2, no particular question
- Buckminster aggregator showed. Lot questions. Ppl interested in the Maven output format.
- Good discussion around b3.