- 3.5.1 Galileo SR1, 15 bugs
- Role of features in p2 and PDE
- Consequences of self-hosting p2
- What happens if you install/uninstall in your target?
- Enhancements to install-time certificate checking
- Proxy issues
- Andrew Niefer
- Curtis Windatt
- Darin Wright
- DJ Houghton
- Ian Bull
- John Arthorne
- Susan McCourt
- Tom Watson
- Role of features
- Currently PDE is heavily based on features. What is the future of features and how should PDE evolve?
- Over long term we see separation between "groups" that allow recursive aggregation of bundles with flexible version ranges, and "line-ups" that specify exact sets of bundles to install. However we have no concrete plans to further separate these two concerns.
- PDE should evolve towards the more generic p2 concept of "group" where possible to avoid the restrictive characteristics of features
- Self-hosting p2
- If I have a real profile representing my running target, what happens if I manipulate that target within my test workspace? Are changes persisted across sessions? Is my target platform modified accordingly?
- Discussed conceptual change of an explicit export/build to deploy bundles from the workspace into a target for testing/debugging purposes. Similar to OSGi tooling in other communities.
- Certificate checking
- Want to improve workflows around install-time security checking to be less "jarring" to the user. Either allow resolution of security issues in install wizard, or allow issues to be resolved asynchronously post-install (warning bubble)
- Support more kinds of install-time security checks (possibly an extensible, open-ended set of security checks), but with a cohesive UI experience so user doesn't get prompted five times for five different security issues. Some extra checks include revocation checks, signature timestamp expiration, unsigned artifacts, etc
- Matt is working on a more concrete proposal
- Proxy issues
- We continue to have a flow of proxy-related bugs coming in, with heated discussions.
- Generally multi-way problems between ECF/p2/core.net/specific providers such as Apache
- Didn't have the right people on the call to have a useful discussion