Skip to main content
- New planning wiki to fill in for Juno Equinox/Plan/Juno
- We need to fill out the items from
- What needs to be available in a Maven repo?
- Eclipse has a maven repo for projects to publish.
- We should publish at least the framework to maven.eclipse.org
- Should talk to Dave Carver to publish to maven.eclipse.org (Pascal's action item)
- What needs to be available in the Maven Central repo?
- Stuff from the Eclipse maven repo can be pushed to Maven Central repo.
- We should first put it at maven.eclipse.org and then consider pushing it to Maven Central.
- Lets evaluate the usage of stuff at maven.eclipse.org first and then decide if/what needs to be pushed to Maven Central.
Incubator and git
- Repository reorg to git.
- Current Proposal is to have the incubator repo which contains everything that exists in the current Equinox repo.
- Much discussion about what the incubator is useful for
- Generally seems useful for completely new areas of work.
- Generally useless and painful for working on large sections of existing code that is graduated.
- For working on existing graduated code it seems more useful to allow authorized branches that "anyone" can commit to and keep in sync with the main repo.
- Later a committer can work with them to merge the branch back to the main repo and optionally nominate the author as a committer.
- Tom has action item to talk to Kim about the possibility of moving the incubator last.
- Discussed the new option org.osgi.framework.bsnversion and the fact that setting it to multiple allows a the same bundle to be installed multiple times if a different location string is used to install the bundle.
- Tom mentions that a new option is being discussed for the next framework spec that allows for hooks to control this invariant instead of make it a global on/off switch.