Skip to main content
- John R
- Ian (struggling with the mute button)
- p2 publishing of products and features
- New and noteworthy for M4
- There are a number of things that PDE build does in the process of "building" a feature/product that others (non-PDE folks) would like to do
- Much of this is related to p2 publishing
- The p2 team is seeing a number of bug reports against the p2 product publisher as well as missing parts of feature publishing
- Tycho-520 bug has a number of details
- lots of discussion in the call. We agreed that there is some potential to refactor the Eclipse / p2 parts of publishing/building (respectively) into some bundle that extends the base p2 publisher and can be used be PDE, Tycho, Buckminster, Ant/Ivy folks, ...
- Jeff to put something on p2-dev to see what folks think
M4 New and noteworthy
- People should proactively
- some core framework changes to be noted
- p2 topics?
- space numbers
- licensing improvements
- new space stuff uses perm gen space so there may be some side-effects.
- new spec form OSGi for lightweight transaction-like behaviour
- John R was doing well on the implementation but the spec changed
- delivery will be delayed until M5
- Equinox impl may be the RI. Not sure at this point