Skip to main content
- John R.
- John A.
- p2 support for OSGi R4.3 (see bug 324352)
- For instance, there was a case last week where some bundles were using "version" to specify a range or version in the required bundle section of their manifest but it should have been "bundle-version". After some changes in OSGi to treat unknown attributes differently, things started failing. We need to discuss whether or not p2 should even deploy bundles that are invalid and will die at runtime.
- Strategies for optimizing manifest TouchPointData memory footprint for MetadataRepositories. (see bug 329386)
p2 support for OSGi R4.3
- Need to enhance p2 notion of capability
- will need to make sure we can express capabilities to express all the attributes
- query will need to be implemented to express requirements
Optimizing Manifest TouchPointData
- Performance work to reduce footprint for loading repositories
- Manifest data is taking quite a bit of space.
- Do not appear to do much with it.
- Do p2 resolution then at the end have a touch point that builds a State/Resolver
- If we remove it we could likely have an option to include it or perhaps use of fragments.
- Where is it being read.
- Attributes being read, already included in the IU metadata.
- Cases where the IU is rewritten with a different version than the bundle, only change the meta-data but not the bundle-version.
- Cloning of IUs
- Perhaps in the Eclipse Touch Point?
- Taking up 10 meg of memory when loading (Helios?).
Who is tagging p2
- Discussed different options to solving the logging issues
- Invent a new mechanism
- Reuse LogService (extended in Equinox) and package as core service