Eclipse DemoCamps Kepler 2013/Hamburg
We will again be guests at Adobe Hamburg, with a stunning view of the river Elbe.
Große Elbstraße 27
Follow this link for directions: http://bit.ly/STlfy0
Pro tip: take U3, S1 or S3 to Landungsbrücken, then change for ferry line 62. The ferry will leave at 18:00, 18:15, 18:30,...
We hope you'll enjoy the location as much as we did when we checked it out! Here is a first impression:
Date and Time
June 19, 2013
Get together starting at 6pm
more details will follow
Following the principles of openness and transparency, we (Martin and Peter) decided to do the sponsoring for the Eclipse Demo Camp Juno 2012 in Hamburg slightly different and use an open crowd-funding process (described in detail below). Due to the huge success of this process, we plan to do it again! So if you or your company want to sponsor the event, feel free to add your name / your company's name to the list, including the amount of money you would like to sponsor.
Sponsoring for the demo camp is totally open and transparent to everybody. We would like to invite everybody to participate in this sponsoring. The only thing you need to do in order to participate in this sponsoring is to add yourself (you as a person or the company that is sponsoring) to this section of the wiki page. Please add your name or company and the amount of money you would like to sponsor.
This is totally open. Everybody is invited to join the group of sponsors. Companies as well as individuals are invited to participate in this. And you decide for yourself on the total amount of money you would like to spend. The more money we get from YOU all, the more we can spend at the event for drinks and food. So please start today, convince your boss or spend your own money, and add you to the sponsoring list for the next Demo Camp in Hamburg.
The event will continue to be free for all participants (as it was in the past) and you don't need to sponsor just to participate.
One additional note: We will donate 20% of the sponsored food/drinks to an organisation that supports homeless people in Hamburg. So 20% of the ordered drinks/food will not be delivered to our demo camp, but directly to that organization at the same time. We did that once in the past when we ordered more stuff that we could eat and we thought we should do this again, but this time by purpose.
Adobe sponsors the location, with an awesome view of the river Elbe!
itemis is general sponsor with EUR 500,-
VMware/SpringSource is general sponsor with EUR 500,-
Zühlke Engineering is general sponsor with EUR 500,-
If you would like to present at this event, please add your name below.
- Rabea Gransberger: Eclipse Java IDE Tipps & Tricks
- Pascal Alich: SWT and Swing - Friends or Foes? Integrating Eclipse RCP (SWT) with Swing
- Christian Pelster: We don't have enough frameworks! My experiences during the development of a small model based web framework (Spring, XText, GWT)
- Erdal Karaca: Geoff: Visualizing geographical maps in Eclipse RCP/RAP applications in 2D (and probably 3D)
- Frank Gasdorf: Geographic Scripting in uDIG (User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS)
- Werner Keil (Mærsk Group) – Triple-E’class DevOps with Hudson, Maven, Kokki, Multiconf & PyDev slides available
Who Is Attending
If you plan on attending please add your name and company to the list below. You need to have an Eclipse Bugzilla account to do so. Signing up is really easy and not only gives you the chance to attend Eclipse DemoCamps, but also gives you the sweet fuzzy feeling of being able to file Eclipse bugs! Come on, give it a try - we know you can do it!
- Martin Lippert, SpringSource - a division of vmware
- Stefan Reichert, Zühlke Engineering
- Pascal Alich, Zühlke Engineering
- Björn Kimminich, Kühne+Nagel
- Sara Gomez Nosti, Plath GmbH
- Reza Nazarian, Freelancer
- Rabea Gransberger , MEKO-S
- Erdal Karaca
- Tobias Baumann, Hapag-Lloyd AG
- Felix Nawroth , Lufthansa Systems AG
- Frank Gasdorf, Plath GmbH
- Andreas Breuer, itemis
- Markus A. Kuppe
- Oliver Libutzki, itemis
- Werner Keil, Creative Arts & Technologies, Maersk
- Jost Gundelach , Lufthansa Systems AG
- Christian Hempe , Consist Software Solutions GmbH