This document explains the Eclipse SCADA demosystem.
Download the "Eclipse SCADA Admin Client" (http://www.eclipse.org/eclipsescada/downloads.html). Start the application and create a new connection to: "da:ngp://demo.openscada.org:2101" or "da:ngp://scada.eclipse.org:2101".
Press the right mouse on the node "User Preferences" and select "Add Connection…" from the context menu.
Enter the URL into the field and press "Finish".
Double click on the connection node or use the content menu to "Connect" to the server. The username and password are "guest" / "guest12". Browse through the tree and add the "LUX" item to the realtime list by drag and drop.
The setup involves four nodes:
- The main server hosting the middleware and the value archive
- A second main server hosting the middleware and the value archive. A clone of "scada.eclipse.org"
- The server hosting the arduino driver
- The arduino board itself with the Ethernet shield
'scada.eclipse.org' and 'demo.openscada.org' connect to 'ostest1' using the DA/NGP protocol. The connection is an IPv6 TCP connection.
The arduino driver itself connects to the arduino ethernet shield and polls the data from the board. Since the polling is quite fast, the arduino driver is actually located beside the arduino board in our office, while the 'demo.openscada.org' server is hosted by an ISP "in the cloud".
There is a custom client application for this setup. It can be downloaded at:
This is a normal Eclipse RCP application which has to be downloaded and unpacked.
Log in by pressing CTRL+L or the green button in the status bar. Select the context you want to log on (e.g. "scada.eclipse.org").
The following interfaces are possible at the moment for you to try out. Not all interfaces that are supported by Eclipse SCADA are available on the demo system. But we are working on it.
Eclipse SCADA protocol
This is the demo server hosted at the Eclipse Foundation:
This is the demo server hosted by openSCADA:
The following items can be subscribed:
|Item Name||Description||What to expect|
|ES.DEMO.ARDUINO001.LIGHT.V||Value of the light sensor||A floating point value that represents the value of the light sensor. Somewhere between 0 - 1024. Frequently changing, about every 250ms|
|ES.DEMO.ARDUINO001.TEMPERATURE.V||The temperature in °C||The current room temperature|
|ES.DEMO.ARDUINO001.HUMIDITY.V||The humidity||The current humidity|
The server scada.eclipse.org also acts as a Modbus TCP Slave:
The following holding registers can be read using function code 3:
|Register #||Source Item||Type||Description||Extras|
|1||INT64||Unix Timestamp (milliseconds, UTC)|
|5||UINT16||Value||Scaled by 10.0|
|7||INT64||Unix Timestamp (milliseconds, UTC)|
- Configuration project in the GIT repository – Web View
- The client application projects:
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/eclipsescada/org.eclipse.scada.samples.git/tree/org.eclipse.scada.samples.demo1 – Maven Parent Project
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/eclipsescada/org.eclipse.scada.samples.git/tree/org.eclipse.scada.samples.demo1.client – The client configuration (views, etc.)
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/eclipsescada/org.eclipse.scada.samples.git/tree/org.eclipse.scada.samples.demo1.app – The main RCP application setup
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/eclipsescada/org.eclipse.scada.samples.git/tree/org.eclipse.scada.samples.demo1.app.feature – The product feature
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/eclipsescada/org.eclipse.scada.samples.git/tree/org.eclipse.scada.samples.demo1.app-product – The product build