EclipseLink/UserGuide/Overview of EclipseLink Mappings and Project Configuration (ELUG)
Overview of EclipseLink Mappings and Project
The following sections provide an overview of how to use EclipseLink to map persistent objects to a data source and how to capture that information for use with the EclipseLink run-time component:
- Introduction to EclipseLink Mapping and Configuration – Introduces the metadata, contained in the descriptor, used by EclipseLink to generate SQL statements that create, read, modify, and delete objects.
- Introduction to Projects – Describes each of the different EclipseLink project types and important project concepts.
- Introduction to Descriptors – Describes each of the different EclipseLink descriptor types and important descriptor concepts.
- Introduction to Mappings – Describes each of the different EclipseLink mapping types and important mapping concepts.
- Introduction to Persistence Layer – Provides an overview of how to use sessions, queries, and transactions in your application.