ECF Conference Call 11.25.2008
- Remy is on vacation in London and will not be attending.
org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.ui vs. Versant's contribution built on top of EMF (replace or keep both)
- depends upon >=2.4 org.eclipse.emf.core, org.eclipse.emf.common, org.eclipse.emf.edit, org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui
- Java5 (new Locks API, generics)
- Drop org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.ui.serviceAccessHandler with 3.0. Same can be done with commands and handler
Add incubation to build (create an incubation feature)
Remy is investigating the distribution and synchronization of workspace resources at the project level (see bug 239048).
Discussed with Neil briefly over this:
- Are there real use cases? It sounds cool, yes, but who's going to use this?
- Forced to assume that "everything" is synchronized prior to sharing the project.
- If this is not true, a long time may be required to synchronize the projects before work can begin.
- Will this synchronization mechanism encourage novice hackers to not use an SCM system and to then use it as a poor man's peer-to-peer SCM system?
- Build config for jSLP's Maven based build
- setup Hudson on ecf1 or ecf2 (https://hudson.dev.java.net/)
- preparation for automated testing
- distributed testing (http://www.gridgain.com/ and http://www.theserverlabs.com/blog/2008/11/24/distributed-junit-testing-with-gridgain/)