Jump to: navigation, search

E4/Resources/Meeting/9-Jan-2009

< E4‎ | Resources‎ | Meeting
Meeting Title: E4 Resources meeting
Date & Time: Friday Jan 9, 2009 at 1600 UTC / 11am EST / 8am PST
Ical.gifiCal,Xml.gifATOM News Feed,Html.gifHTML
Canada and US Toll Free: (866) 740-7083
International Dial-in: +1 (702) 696-4217 (more numbers here)
Conference ID: 613 277 0037 #

Attendees

  • Call is Open, Anybody can join.
    • Wind River - Doug Schaefer, Martin Oberhuber
    • Freescale - Serge Beauchamp
    • IBM - John Arthorne, Szymon Brandys, Chris Recoskie

Agenda/Notes

Feel free to edit, but not during the meeting

  • Serge to blog about his changes - will do once tried out with the downloadable e4 builds
  • John: Should make sure to prepare a build for M1 (Feb-6) that actually works (also discussed in the e4 E4/Meeting Minutes/Status 20090108)
  • Chris - bug 215261: who would care about the new physical/logical API?
    • Intended for external tools (distinguish physical files from stuff in a database / archive / webserver etc)
    • Should not break any existing functionality
    • Doug wants to get rid of special logical/physical handling in CDT
    • Martin: the "adapter" approach seems to be in line with what Java7 file system API does with attributes (PosixAttributes, Win32Attributes, ...): when I know that I need to feed an external tool, try to adapt the IFileStore to an IPhysicalFileStore
  • Doug wants to do "CDT Remote" tutorial at EclipseCon without RSE
    • Chris: Problems with drag&drop / copy&paste from project explorer into remote FS
    • Martin: Needs to file + prioritize RSE bug
    • Doug wants an EFS implementation for quick turnaround / testing - something to drive into e4 resources
  • Special @since tags for API Reports?
    • Martin: might not be necessary thanks to API Tooling Reports, but will continue investigation
    • @since tags: put the version of the bundle (e.g. 3.100); should be easy to search&replace if going for different version number

Review of Action Items

Action Items

  • (old) Martin create SearchCVS service for e4 resources
  • (old) Martin add mapfile and website projects to the e4.resources.psf team project set
  • (old) Martin send a proposal regarding experimental API tagging policy to the e4 mailing list
  • (old) Martin have Google Calendar send a meeting invite for the next meeting** (old) Doug to work on getting people on IRC
  • (old) Doug document how users can get e4 resources (what's the required process and target platform)
  • (old) Ken put references to bugs which are interesting for him into the meeting notes
  • (old) Ken have somebody from Symbian Foundation comment on bug 249745 regarding their experiences with git and Mercurial
  • Serge to blog about how to consume his resources changes from the e4 builds

Next Meeting