Jump to: navigation, search

E4/Resources/Meeting/20-Mar-2009

< E4‎ | Resources‎ | Meeting
Meeting Title: E4 Resources meeting
Date & Time: Friday Mar 20, 2009 at 1500 UTC / 11am EST / 8am PST
Ical.gifiCal,Xml.gifATOM News Feed,Html.gifHTML
Canada and US Toll Free: (866) 740-7083
International Dial-in: +1 (702) 696-4217 (more numbers here)
Conference ID: 613 277 0037 #

Attendees

  • Signed up:
    • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
    • Google - Terry Parker
    • IBM - Szymon Brandys, John Arthorne
    • Broadcom - James Blackburn

Agenda/Notes

Feel free to edit, but not during the meeting

  • IRC irc://#eclipse-e4 parallel to the meeting
  • Update from yesterday's e4/Meeting Minutes/Status 20090319 call
    • Martin: Resources are the only ones who are branching. Lets fix our merge strategies among ourselves.
    • Serge talked about Common Navigator changes - AI Serge to open bug to continue discussion.
  • Status of bug 268107 merging up to m6
    • Szymon - 30..40 files to review, knew all the changes, just 10-15 minutes;
    • Szymon is fine with merging resources part weekly on green I-build; UI part is likely more painful sine changes not known
    • James to merge the UI part with git?
    • Paul Webster proposes using a branch in e4 -- allows using
      • Suggest talking at the e4 bof
  • John hopes that split stream situation is only for a brief period -- suggests moving stuff early into 3.6
    • UI merge set should be small after m7
    • Only fork if we really think we want to work on it right away -- dont fork unnecessarily
      • Maybe do Common Navigator work in e4 after M7
    • Repositories are separate because IP rules are weaker in e4 as its incubating

Review of Action Items

  • Last Meeting: E4/Resources/Meeting/6-Mar-2009
  • Ok green.gif Doug document how users can get e4 resources (what's the required process and target platform) -- documented now on e4/Install as well as Serge's blog both of which are prominently referenced from e4
  • Ok green.gif John to show Serge's work to Kevin -- Kevin looked at Serge's blog which was sufficient
  • Ok green.gif Szymon add background info on bug 253705 support for branched file systems - can give more info on request
  • Ok green.gif James create Git for Committers#Merging HEAD changes to e4 with simple instructions how to get git up and running as a committer
  • Ok green.gif Martin to ask on e4-dev for cloning CNF into e4 repository as soon as possible (John to do it?)
  • Ok green.gif Martin to ask Ken Ryall about his action items
  • Ok green.gif Martin, Serge, to CC on bugzilla e4.resources-inbox@eclipse.org (using bugzilla preferences)
    • No clear process; Occasionally open all inbox and sort by most recently changed
    • Not much traffic so it's relatively easy to track - only 8 open at the moment
  • Open items moved to #Action Items

Action Items

  • (old) Martin create SearchCVS service for e4 resources - started on database, query missing AI mail e4-dev
  • (old) Martin send a proposal regarding experimental API tagging policy to the e4 mailing list - pending bug 261874 AC discussion about provisional API
  • (old) Ken put references to bugs which are interesting for him into the meeting notes
  • (old) Ken have somebody from Symbian Foundation comment on bug 249745 regarding their experiences with git and Mercurial
  • Serge to open bug for forking common navigator into e4

Next Meeting