E4/Meeting Minutes/Status 20110908
- Working on opening/closing fast views in trim stacks.
- Fast view not closing when no longer active part
- Finished up R4.1 maintenance
- Fixing problems that came up in EPP packages
- Most Eclipse SDK tests running on 4.x now (high 90's% success rate)
- Working on getting startup splash screen progress monitor back in place
- Working on fixing bidirectional language (BIDI) bugs
- Fixing bugs in Git tagging scripts
- Brian working on solving problems related to applications with multiple kinds of selections. May open source some of that when tidied up.
- Do we need a 4.1.2 release?
- Vastly more consumers for 4.2 so perhaps we should focus on that
- On the other hand the overhead of maintaining a stream is low if we don't contribute to it
- Consider keeping stream alive, but keeping fixes to an absolute minimum
Discussion: Model selection problem
- When selection occurs but the selection is the same as before, we don't fire any selection event at the model level
- There are use cases where re-selecting the same thing is not a no-op
- This optimization is happening deep in the model and handlers have no way to react to re-selection if they wanted to
- Essentially events are driven by state rather than state transitions. If there is a state transition that results in the same end state, the event is squashed
- Purely state transition events would lead to event storms and loops
- No conclusion on how to resolve it