This is now a historical document. The org.eclipse.ui.tests code is run as part of the Eclipse SDK build.
This page describes how to run the 3.x API tests with a workbench that's backed by e4's compatibility layer.
- Download a recent e4 SDK here.
- Add this CVS repository location to your workspace setup:
- Checkout the
org.eclipse.e4.ui.relengmodule from the
- Right-click on the
e4.ui.compatibility.psffile and select 'Import project set...'. When you are prompted for a password, just enter
anonymousas your user name and leave the password as blank.
- Repeat the procedure for
e4.ui.tests.compatibility.psf. You will have errors.
Running the tests
- Select a test from the
org.eclipse.ui.testsbundle, such as
- If there are compiler errors indicating incorrect imports, try using 'Organize Imports' to get rid of them or to have them point to the e4 variant of the internal.
- Right-click on the file > Run As > JUnit Plug-in Test.
- This will fail. Open the launch configuration dialog.
- Select the launch configuration that was just generated and go to the 'Main' tab.
- Change the target product to
- Try running the test again. It should work now.