- The Data Broker is instrumented as a WSDM resource
- The Data Broker may support MEX.
- The Data Broker should support the following WSDM capabilities
- Manageability Characteristics
- Operational Status
- The EPR of the Management Domain is known to the Data Broker. This may done via a deployment descriptor.
- The Data Broker must be able to manage WS-N subscriptions (b/c we don't have an open implementation of WS-BN)
Description of Flow
--> Needs to be reconciled. Broker undergoes initialization: Loops through the rows in the registry, ping each Data Manager for their status. If a Data Manager is reachable, set its state to "online"; otherwise, set it to "offline".
Broker waits for requests
Step 2: register(WSAddress, epr, String dataBrokerTypeURI)
The dataBrokerTypeURI is the proper namespace of the cosmos DataBroker. The namespace for the Data Broker is: http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/databroker. The URI *should* resolve to an SML definition of the Data Broker.
Step 4: The preferred metadata dialect is WSDL.
Step 6: No other topics outside of WSDM are required at this point
- Need to update this with the initial initialization of metadata from the MDR to the Data Broker