Dali Project/Weekly Meeting/February 19 2010
Dali Weekly Meeting
- JAXB generation progress (demo)
- Library config support as first step in the wizard would be nice. Need to determine if we can do this without adding a facet. Would also need a project prop for JAXB to manage library config.
- Removing the checkbox and just selecting EL if the EL bundles were available
- For extensibility we should add the ability to pass programmatic or user entered args to the generation process. This will allow compiler plugins to execute when run.
- EclipseLink 2.1 support
- Add a 2.1 platform in addition to the 2.0 platform
- Won't necessarily support any new 2.1 specific features
- Usability review for new 1-M mapping UI and other relationship mappings
- Java EE / SE project creation
- Build for EE but test for SE by overriding persistence unit properties in code
- JAXB and SDO related support - Probably makes sense to utilize EclipseLink for these generation services. This could be a pluggable runtime feature (like DDL Gen). Should there be a JAXB/SDO Platform concept? What should we try to accomplish for Helios as this seems like it could get very big (just to support generation use cases).
- Keep it simple, but would be nice to have platform for consistency. Generic capability to pass params would be useful for the various gen options.
- Neil to update 2.1 bug with info (done)
- Neil to get a lock down date for EL 2.1 features
- Paul to look at the Version class to differentiate EL versions
- Neil to add EclipseLink 2.0 support to downloadable libraries (done - 2.0.1 lib added)
- Neil to set up meeting to review metamodel gen with runtime
- Shaun to send Paul some Dali SE projects (done)
- Shaun to file bug on derived id validation (done)