DTP project meeting, October 19, 2011
- Linda Chan (Actuate)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- At an Eclipse Architecture Council meeting, we heard that the Orion team has worked out a way to do builds from Git that doesn't involve tagging. (Or rather, the tagging is hidden form the developers.) Linda said she will talk to the Build team to see if they can adopt that technique. (Tagging is a big pain with Git.) Brian P. will contact John Arthorne (Orion lead) if Linda needs more information.
- Brian P. has been putting in various fixes for IBM product integration purposes.
- Linda asked about getting an update to the IBM database definitions. Brian P. said the problem with putting updated ones in DTP is that IBM products have "ibm.com" versions of those database definitions, and it might be a problem to have both DTP and IBM versions of those files. Linda said there is an override property for connections...perhaps that can help
- Linda has finished her security extension point enhancement
- We will ask Pierre Quiennec if he wants to become a committer for Enablement (Postgres) due to the quality of his patches.