DTP project meeting, March 30, 2011
- Linda Chan (Actuate)
- Brian "Fitz" Fitzpatrick (Red Hat)
- Hemant Kolwalkar (IBM)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- We discussed the DTP BOF we had at EclipseCon. We had an interesting discussion with a developer from Whirlpool, who had at one time tried to use DTP with SQLLite but was unable to get it to work. Fitz sent him some links to information regarding setting up SQLLite with DTP.
- Regarding EclipseCon, Fitz found the "Sapphire" project (from Oracle) very interesting. He also liked the Q7 testing product from Zored.
- Linda thought that EclipseCon was more focused on deploying Eclipse rather than technical topics this year.
- Linda is still doing some work on the non-OSGi update for Connectivity. She is doing some refactoring so that the Enablement classes can work with the updated Connectivity classes.
- Linda noticed that SQL Server enablement is looking for a SQL Server JDBC driver that we don't include with DTP. Fitz said that code was contributed by the CodeHoop guys. Fitz suggested posting to the Enablement or Connectivity mailing list to ask about this.
- Not too much activity on the newsgroup this week.