DTP project meeting, August 10, 2011
- Linda Chan (Actuate)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- Linda and Brian are getting used to using Git for code control.
- Rather than attaching a patch, the recommended way to show a change in a Bugzilla is to provide a link to the Git change. See bug 354316 for an example.
- We currently need to tag our changes manually. (The build needs the tags.) Linda has found out that you now do tagging on changes in the history view rather than on the plugins themselves.
- Linda will update the DTP wiki next week with additional Git information based on our experience.
- Pierre Quiennec has submitted some patches for enhancements for Postgress enablement. We need to figure out how to review it properly so we can commit the changes.
- Brian has encountered a problem running DTP 1.9 (or 1.9.1) from an Eclipse 3.7 IDE (with Eclipse 3.7 as the target platform). There is a conflict between the Lucene version required by DTP vs. the version required by the platform (for online help). It works OK if you put together all the plugins and run them as a normal Eclipse environment, but it doesn't work if you launch it from Eclipse as an IDE target environment (run-time environment).
- Brian updated the DTP metadata for the 1.9.1 and 1.9.2 releases.
- Chris Aniszczyk has requested that we update our DTP metadata to point to our new Git repos. We asked him whether we need to list both CVS and Git repos', or only Git, and he responded that we only need to list the Git ones.
- Actuate might make some changes in the 1.8.2 branch and build it from CVS. At some point in the future, we will remove the content from the HEAD branch to remove any confusion about what is the active development stream.