DTP project meeting, April 6, 2010
- Linda Chan (Actuate)
- Brian "Fitz" Fitzpatrick (Red Hat)
- Hemant Kolwalkar (IBM)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- We held a PMC vote on MingXia Enablement Committer rights, +3
- IBM would like to encourage Sybase to contribute their SQL grammar to open source. Is there a way to do that?
- Fitz said Red Hat doesn't really need it, and nobody in Sybase is listening
- Linda said a private email might help. She said having it wouldn't really help Actuate, since Sybase still hasn't completely separated their UI/non-UI code in Enablement, so Actuate can't use it for their server stuff
- Linda has fixed an enablement issue for web services. She said the tester wants more detailed steps.
- There is a patch for XML data type support (bug 296868). IBM would like to release this patch for DTP 1.6.2 and 1.7. We are planning to have a 1.7.3 release of DTP, so could use that. Otherwise DTP doesn't put out refreshes on old releases. We need to find out what time frame IBM is working with
- Fitz will send Brian P. the Release Review slides from the previous release, which he can adapt for the Helios release review.
- Brian P. will handle the IP Log for the 1.8 release
- We need to update our license text to the latest version
- Linda is working with the build team to resolve the feature organization problem