DTP project meeting, April 13, 2011
- Linda Chan (Actuate)
- Brian "Fitz" Fitzpatrick (Red Hat)
- Brian Payton (IBM)
- Linda has pretty much completed the non-OSGi work that she was doing. She has asked for community testing and input. If she doesn't hear anything within a couple of days, she will resolve the bug as fixed. (And handle anything that comes up later as separate bugs.) BIRT will be using the new feature.
- Regarding the M'soft SQL Server issue that Linda ran into: she posted a mailing list append asking about it. But we don't expect a response, so it will probably stay the way it is.
- Brian P. has been reviewing some patches from IBM that need to go into DTP 1.9.
- We have received nag notes from the EMO which we need to address. We need to update the DTP 1.8.2 release status to "completed".
- Since JDK 1.5 (Java 5) is going out of service, we should switch our build to JDK 1.6. That might cause a problem with JDBC interfaces, which change from release to release. We might be using a 1.5 compatibility setting for the JDBC issue. We need to find out what the platform's position on this is. We will do whatever the platform does.