DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 3-Sep-2008
|Meeting Title:||Conference Call on Target Management|
|Date & Time:|| Wednesday Sep 3, 2008 at 1600 UTC / 9am PST|
HTML | iCal
|Primary International Dial-in:||+44 (0)1452 567588|
|USA Freephone Dial-In:||+1 (866) 6161738|
|UK National Dial-In:||08712460713|
- IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
- MontaVista - Anna Dushistova
Update on RSE Status
- DSDP/TM/3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede
- Some questions from Martin outstanding: DD: bug 236516 ISubSystem patch, DKM: bug 235284 dstore ClientConnection patch, DKM: bug 234045 permissions property page
- Will freeze / branch for RC1 today
- Policy after the branching:
- Create a separate Workspace for the branch, where all plugins are at the Mapfile version!
- Only fix critical issues in the branch!
- Only commit / release after at least 1 person's review!
- Before committing: (1) synchronize rse.build (Mapfile) from branch R3_0_maintenance, then (2) Team > Replace with Mapfile Contents, then (3) Team > Branch the Plugin
- Branch name: R3_0_maintenance, Root at Root_R3_0_maintenance
- When releasing from a branch, release as "r30x_v200809102000" (UTC timestamp) - in order to avoid clashes with I-builds
- Any Known Issues to be fixed?
- Display issues and modelChangeListener working properly now?
- EFS deadlock problems during early startup currently being discussed, bug 239230 OK now?
- When / How much Testing?
- IBM absorbing builds, unsure what the cycles are.
- bug 187739 seems risky: scenario is expanding a tree and refreshing a parent node
- TM Plan rendered here, along with a DSDP/TM/3.1 Ramp down Plan
- Severity Major open bugs, High Priority open bugs, DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds
- bug 196176 - Deferred drag&drop from RSE to Windows Explorer is possible but it needs more work and collaboration with the SWT team. We need to find out how to report progress for the background file transfer.
- DSDP/TM/Board Report 2008
- bug 238574 Website Revamp? We have a bugzilla "Website" component now
- Target Communication Framework - DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ available and plan theme, shooting for 1.0 under discussion. EDL approved for the Agent. Community interest growing
- bug 238564 has some very good notes about migrating from TM 2.0 to TM 3.0
- Working towards scheduled builds and downloadable artifacts.
- Martin now working much on Architecture Council, E4 and RXTX - for TM related status see DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 20-Aug-2008
- DaveD hopes to get back to more OpenRSE stuff over time (October)
- Xuan, Kevin likely continue working heavily on IBM portion until October at least
- DaveM mostly on OpenRSE (at least 60%)
- Anna moved away from Open Source, hopes to get back (to Terminal) next month.
Community Feedback and Status
- Community contributions
- Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news
- bug 196337 - TM Local Terminal Connector
Vacations, Next Meetings
- Vacations, away times
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 6-Aug-2008
- Last DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 20-Aug-2008
- All committers fix target milestone of bugs assigned to 3.0
- Martin old review Rado's deferred D&D