DSDP/TM/Meetings/21-Jan-2009 Committer

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | TM‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting Title: TM Committer Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Jan 21, 2009 at 1700 UTC / 12pm Toronto
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.


Contents

Attendees

  • Committers:
    • IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
    • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf
    • MontaVista - Anna Dushistova

Agenda

Last Meetings

Update on RSE Status

TM 3.0.3 status

  • Builds ongoing; final 3.0.3 is due on Wednesday Feb 18 (RC1: Feb 4, RC2: Feb 11)
    • AI Martin contribute update site for Ganymede

TM 3.1 status

Individual Status

  • Anna: RemoteCDT feature addition - martin updated minor version; bug 261478 deprecate or remove SshHostShell, SshShellService etc? It's internal so we should remove...
    • DaveM: SSHShellServiceSubSystem would remain... only underlying Service would be removed.
    • AI DaveM: Try out switching "DStore Shell" service into "SSH Shell" service and back.
    • Wait for Dave's results before removing the stuff
    • Martin: Move RemoteCDT integration into the CDT project? Questions:
      • Keep namespace or change it?
      • Find a CDT person to commit to accepting patches (Chris Recoskie?)
      • Probably move TM/RSE to the Platform+1 Train Slot
      • DaveM: The IBM "Java Launch" Config might eventually go open source... then, the C and Java Launches might want to share some commonality... Martin: Commonality to go into rse.core or rse.ui as API? Perhaps have some "Remote Launch API" in rse.ui for the common tabs?
        • Anna much in favor of this... want some "remote launch" API anyways, Montavista is currently duplicating a lot of this...
        • Connection Selection Page is generic... upload tab may be generic...
        • Remote Source Lookup in the future
        • AI DaveM to think about it a bit more
      • Is it too late to push IBM internal functionality into Open Source? - Martin: Need to have at least a dummy CQ filed by Jan.31
  • DaveM: 60% openRSE, request for comment: bug 245260, bug 260777 - AI Martin give feedback
  • DaveD: Webpage update: should do along with trying the new Nova topic, focus on the homepage for now
    • Beginning to look at some big rock defects (probably little ones before m5)
  • Kevin: Remote Search improvements
  • Xuan: Start looking at junit failure, got a "class not load" exception - Kevin got it working
  • Michael: programmatically create Terminal API
  • Martin: Updated infocenter; SOC Synchronize Contribution; RXTX this week; RSE-build/releng next week, big rock bugs after: bug 227750 IRSEInteractionProvider, bug 239230 Early startup
  • Rado: WinCE, bug 196176 - Deferred drag&drop SWT

Other Stuff

  • Martin - bug 261486 @noextend for interfaces - compiler warnings in general
    • Copyright Year Changes
  • bug 238574 Website Revamp - image from the Community is good, need some time to revamp the contents - AI DaveD next week
    • Improve homepage at least, use the Community photoshopped screenshot; PDT, Mylyn are nice


Vacations

  • Martin vacation 7-Feb till 14-Feb
  • 19.Feb - US President's day? -- Martin out of office,
  • DaveD vacation 16-Feb till 20-Feb
  • Anna vacation 1 week in Feb after m5

Action Items

  • Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 7-Jan-2009
  • Last DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Dec-2008
  • Everyone reassign target milestone for m4 assigned open bugs; old "big rock" bugs for 3.1 and increase priority / set target milestone (may decrease priority on others).
  • Martin Comment on DaveM's bugs; Contribute 3.0.3 update site for Ganymede; Draft E-Mail for 1-day m5 test pass; old review bug 196176 Rado's deferred D&D; new Builder until 3.1M5; bug 227750 Display in non-UI write fix until 3.1M4; Run performance tests for bug 236065 IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs;
  • Xuan: old Look at bug 230917 Archive Handler Unittests
  • DaveD: bug 238574 Website revamp; old get rid of 3.0 assigned open bugs;
  • DaveM: Think about remotecdt move; test bug 261478 SSH services change; old bug 199596 Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;

Next Meeting