DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 12-Jun-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Jun 12, 2007 at 1500 UTC|
|Dial-in:|| International +44 (0)1452 567588|
North America +1 (866) 6161738 (toll free)
UK National 08712460713
Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype fallback dial-in - only if less than 5 participants: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Kevin Doyle, Xuan Chen, (Kushal Munir n/a)
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, (Michael Scharf n/a)
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 5-Jun-2007
News & Review Action Items
|Martin||80%||Release Review OK; Code Reviews; Licensing for Europa; Some simple fixes e.g. Terminal||0%|
|Javier||30%||Added Discovery Docs||30%|
Plan for the TM Future
- Please review and edit TM Future Planning together with your Requirements / Product Management folk
- A TM Project Meeting is planned for SEPTEMBER 19th and 20th in Chicago, together with the Members Meeting.
Ramp Down Plan
- TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa, based on Europa Simultaneous Release#Milestones and Release Candidates
- RC3 -- Thu Jun 14 (thursday)
- RC4 -- Thu Jun 21 (5 work days)
- EUROPA -- Jun 29
- Testing: Please use RSE recent I-builds yourselves in daily work
- 2-committer-review required from now on. Doc-only / Comment-only / Testcase fixes allowed without review.
- Only P1, P2, Major bugs and regressions from now on
- Exception: Doc-only/testcases/escalations
- Javadoc Reviews: @since tag for new API, missing @param tags, ...
- Discouraged Access Warnings: AI Martin switch off for dstore by using x-friend in Manifest
- Currently feels like too many bugs are assigned 2.0.1 -- but we'll decide that after 2.0 is released
- Our API is still declared "provisional"
- Newsgroup and Mailing List Duty
Bugs and open work to be discussed
- Current Priorities: Fix bugs by Priority
- DaveD: build master; coordinate committer meeting next week
- Fix userdocs wrt team support, user actions / compile commands
- DaveM: UI blocking for archives - hard and risky; OK deferring for Local; not sure what's the right way to go; better add a warning about local archives into the release notes; there might be more issues with remote since we still cannot cancel things properly (UI would be responsive, but server would be busy) --> Deferring to 2.0.1
- Couple of Remote Scratchpad issues, are deferrable
- Filter naming - (naming filter pools under the covers) too risky
- Remaining one: 188365 dstore version
- Xuan: expand folders 191280 dstore performance - good improvements made (commit for 2.0) - more improvements possible for the Future
- Martin: SSH using new Jsch API from Platform RC3;
- Had to defer much assigned stuff e.g. expand-to-level;
- Releng scripts remain as they are for now - might consume Orbit manually at the end;
- Review and release Telnet fixes;
- 186315 EFS problematic URIs - would love to see those fixed, if cannot do myself I might reassign;
- 170910 Integrate Terminalview -- deferred
- UI/Non-UI: would love to move SystemRegistry to non-UI for GregW -- then, extenders could write their own SubSystemConfiguration without using the SubSystemConfiguration abstract base classes, and remain in non-UI only (but no time :-()
- Kushal: 174789 Property pages added to Wizard automatically: AI Kushal investigate
- Bugzilla: Severity Major, hi-priority
- Martin Vacation Wed Jun 13 - Fri Jun 22
- DaveM, DaveD taking a couple weeks in August
- Javier ooo last two weeks in August
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: Translation Testcases
- DaveM: Refresh Bugs
- Martin: Testing Stats; Refresh improvements;