DSDP/PMC/PMC Minutes 8May08

From Eclipsepedia

< DSDP‎ | PMC
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Time

World Clock

Dial-in Info

  • US: 800-741-0846
  • International: 706-679-9532
  • Passcode: 7817182169#

Invited Attendees (all present)

  • Eric Cloninger
  • Doug Gaff
  • Christian Kurzke
  • Shigeki Moride
  • Martin Oberhuber
  • Pawel Piech
  • Mark Rogalski
  • Dave Russo

New Business

  • General topics
    • Voting
      • Please register a link to your votes on the main PMC page.
      • Martin doesn't want to reproduce the portal. Doug noted that the portal doesn't give the PMC the ability to conduct full votes right now. For committer elections and contributions, only 1 PMC member is required. Since we have a policy of discussing these things across the PMC, we have to use the mailing list for this.
    • All: (Done) Review revised development process: bug 220871 Dev Process Link
      • Martin and Pawel have looked. No one else has any comments.
    • All: (Done) Review standard project plan format discussion bug 215301. First implementation in June.
      • No comments. Martin thinks this will make things easier.
    • From EclipseCon: Sourceforge (or other) package for embedded and mobile development – Eclipse and non-eclipse components. Perhaps a Cloudsmith solution could work. Cloudsmith is working on this now. Martin: Distribute notes on embedded/mobile package and start a wiki to track ideas. Link to cross projects discussion.
    • Inactive committers cleanup
      • In progress on DD and TM. eRCP already done. No others required.
    • Search CVS
    • Website maintenance
      • Doug’s working on getting Eclipse PDT setup. Doug: write-up some instructions for using Eclipse PDT for website maintenance.
      • Dave needs to migrate an internal Media Wiki and some PHP to Eclipse. Dave: start a conversation with the webmasters about how to best migrate internal media wiki and php code to Eclipse servers.
      • Eric may want commit rights on the main DSDP page at some point.
  • Project Updates (copied from last meeting so we can review the action items)
    • DD
      • Ramping down for Ganymede. Basically in feature freeze at this point.
      • Disasm view is last major feature to make DD 1.0 a full-featured debugger.
    • eRCP
      • Developing new functionality for 1.2 release – on target for July.
      • In the case of Windows Mobile, there will be only partial support in 1.2.
      • S60 is still in progress, though. Need to talk to Gorkem.
      • Made some progress on trying to get weekly builds done. Native builds are done. Java portions in progress. Uriel is talking to Ted today.
      • eRCP in OSGi standardization.
        • Ed Cobb is no longer on the Board.
        • Mark: Follow up with Jeff McAfer to discuss Eclipse Board support for eRCP standardization.
      • Terminal on eRCP - Mark commented on Bug bug 168197.
        • Martin will work on a scaled back version of terminal, perhaps as an example.
      • P3ML in eRCP
        • Gorkem not really in favor of this. Feels like competition with eSWT. Doesn't want to confuse users with multiple application models.
        • Mark: check in with Philippe on approval for P3ML in eRCP.
        • We'll need to decide what to do after that.
      • (done) Mark: follow up with Sprint and Prosyst on EPL redistribution requirements as discussed on PMC call.
        • Done. They are aware, and they are trying to figure out how they will do it.
    • MTJ
      • Nightly build from two weeks ago put up. (Progress!!)
      • Working on legal feedback from Eclipse team on some of Craig’s code.
      • Want to release a real milestone build next.
    • NAB
      • Release 0.9.9 on the Ganymede train. Almost done. A few minor bugs to fix.
      • Doug: talk to Bjorn about NAB 1.0 and then meet with Shigeki.
      • Shigeki talked to Japan working group and individual developers – they really need a completely localized website and mailing list. Biggest problem is Bugzilla. We need a Japanese interface for this.
      • NAB community is mostly WideStudio currently.
    • RTSC
      • Still not provisioned yet. Still working on it.
      • (done) Dave: organize an open technical call to follow up on technical questions from the creation review.
        • Found a good time. Will schedule a call today.
      • (in progress) Dave: follow up with TI on EPL and run-time components of RTSC as discussed on PMC call.
        • A meeting is setup tomorrow with the TI legal team, also including Steve Blonstein.
        • Questions about GPL linking to EPL code.
    • TM
      • Working on Ganymede now.
      • (ran out of time for a longer update - perhaps an update of Google SoC student next time.)
    • TmL
      • First external commit in due diligence. Crypto issue. Will get back to after Java One.
      • Had some discussions with Mark Burton from VPP. Looking for overlap, but nothing new to report yet.

Old Business

  • Upcoming events (not discussed)
  • (Deferred) Introducing the VPP proposed project and Mark Burton
  • General stuff
    • NAB: Feedback comes from WS community, which is why dev list is so quiet. All feedback is in Japanese. Bugzilla can't work because interface is in English, which is a problem. Doug to follow up with Bjorn and Denis
    • DSDP Website - dynamic content
    • eclipse.dsdp Newsgroup - dynamic content
    • DSDP Info center
      • Instructions
      • eRCP, NAB, MTJ?
      • AI: eRCP - work on posting info center docs after 1.0 release