Cosmos Architecture Meeting 13-Feb-08
- Mark Weitzel
- Ali Mehregani
- Tania Makins
- David Whiteman
- Don Ebright
- Sheldon Lee Loy
- Martin Simmonds
- Bill Muldoon
- Paul Stratton
- Hubert Leung
- Jimmy "The Godfather of Cosmos" Mohsin
- Dominica Gjelaj
- Jack Devine
Standing Items for each meeting will be:
- Status of the integration build
- Data Collection
- Data Visualization
Status of integration build
We moved up to Eclipse 3.4 and as a result we have some issues. The problem is with the OSGi configuration and is not easy to fix. The build can be run inside the dev environment and inside of tomcat.
- Registration on startup does not work when all on the same server.
- Hubert will update the instruction page
- Hubert will open a bug on what it takes to get osgi runtime environment working
- Assigned to Joel
- Unit Tests on integration build
- CMDBf Registration services: Passed
- SML Repository: Some failures, but expected. No effect on E2E scenario
- SML validation: Some failures, but expected. No effect on E2E scenario
- SML-IF: Passed
- Data Manager Toolkit: Passed
- SML Tooling: Passed
- Data Manager & Broker: Passed in Tomcat but not in OSGi
- Example MDRs: Passed
- Data Visualization: No testing as of yet.
- There is a time constraint on the data visualization tests. We will move the build up to 12:00pm on Tuesdays.
- The manual tests take about an hour, but there also needs to be time to factor in environment setup.
- No ME other than David's tooling.
- How do we split out the tests?
- Can we use the test suites as a way to do this?
- We need to have a set of junits that exercise the communication layer of cmdbf. Target some for next week, but the full suite by i10.
- We need a set of test cases for the annotation code. Address this in i10.
Conclusion: The weekly integration unit test will focus on CMDBf. Broader coverage of data collection will be included in the test at the end of the iteration.
- XML Layer discussion
- We need to ensure that we we have the right WSDL generation that is compliant with the CMDBf
- This should be a sev 1 bug
- How will the data visualization client get the metadata from the MDR?
- Look on the example MDR
- Get WSDL interface.
- We will follow the eclipse dev process for the build work, esp. when QA needs to have code added to CVS. The patch process will be used and we'll need to ensure we have a proper ER in place.
- We keep pushing off the security discussion. We'll setup a separate call for this.