Jump to: navigation, search

COSMOS SDD Minutes 18MAR08

Logistics

  • Date: 18MAR08
  • Time: 9AM EST
  • Attendees: Julia McCarthy, Chris Mildebrandt, Charlie Halloran, Mark McCraw, Merri Jensen, Josh Hester, Jeff Hamm, Eric Rose, Ruth Lee

Agenda

  1. Review minutes from last week
  2. Update on tooling use case entry
    • Enhancement requests entered
  3. P2 Deep Dive Meeting Summary
    • Jason, Mark, Charlie to summarize P2 runtime meeting
  4. Identify SDD deliverables for COSMOS 1.0
    • Tools
    • Runtime
    • Repository
  5. Tentative: continue use case review
    • Focus on deployment end user use cases
  6. Follow-up on action items
    • Charlie/Chris/Eric, continue working w/ IBM legal on committing BTG code & Change Analyzer code, Charlie to send status.
    • Create Decision Matrix wiki page for implementation technology and for CL1 vs CL2 non-functional requirements. (Owner?)
    • Look into additional projects that Michael mentioned, links are provided in the Minutes section from 19FEB08.
    • Mark W. to move forward with vote for Eric as code committer with COSMOS. Jason has already been approved.
    • Charlie to ask Mark W. about whether package name changes will be needed for Change Analyzer code.
    • Mark W. and Jason to determine what SDD deliverables will be available for COSMOS release in June and communicate back to Jimmy.
    • Tania to add date discussion to Community or Architecture call for this week.
    • Mark M. or Jeff to send me the link to the P2 findings wiki.

Minutes

  1. We went through the action items mainly since there weren't very many people on the call to start out with.
  2. Charlie said that there was some IBM legal drama going on, but Chris corrected him and said that they were on target to push BTG code by the end of this week. They would then do a code scan and then hopefully Eric would have been made a committer by the time he returns from vacation in April.
  3. Charlie is going to focus on use cases and Certificate of Originality for Change Analyzer code.
  4. There is still an outstanding question on package names for Change Analyzer, Ruth wasn't sure so we'll need to ping Mark W. again. There is general agreement that they will need to be changed, but we do not know what to change them to or when they need to be changed.
  5. Jeff and Jason were on the architecture call to discuss the expectations for i10 and i11 of the SDD work. See minutes: Cosmos Architecture Meeting 12-March-08
    • Yes, they want us to provide something
    • Yes, it is okay to put it in i11
    • Not sure what the scope should be, meeting at 11:00, but Mark W not in attendence, so we're going to work on a prototype
  6. We are working on revamping the SDD Runtime Use Cases, to be actual use cases, and to take into consideration the comments that Charlie provided last week. We want to keep the details of what we already have, but most of that information is design oriented and shouldn't be in the use cases.

Action Items

  1. Charlie/Chris/Eric, continue working w/ IBM legal on committing BTG code & Change Analyzer code, Charlie to send status.
  2. Create Decision Matrix wiki page for implementation technology and for CL1 vs CL2 non-functional requirements. (Owner?)
  3. Look into additional projects that Michael mentioned, links are provided in the Minutes section from 19FEB08.
  4. Mark W. to move forward with vote for Eric as code committer with COSMOS. Jason has already been approved.
  5. Charlie to ask Mark W. about whether package name changes will be needed for Change Analyzer code.
  6. Mark M. or Jeff to send Merri the link to the P2 findings wiki.
  7. Charlie needs to submit COO for Change Analyzer.
  8. Runtime use cases need to be rewritten.