COSMOS Design 299382
Implement simple registry to store resulting resource/change information
This is the design document for bugzilla 299382.
|Josh Hester||January 12, 2010|
|Process||Sizing||Names of people doing the work|
|Build and infrastructure||0|
|Code review, etc.*||1|
'* - includes other committer work (e.g. check-in, contribution tracking)
This work will implement a simple registry in xml format for storing the resulting resource and change information.
- This code must store information regarding resulting resources and changes made to a system.
- The resulting xml repository must use a strict schema to accomplish this.
- The resulting xml must be easy to update for future changes.
- This code will use jaxb to generate classes from our schema as well as marshaling and unmarshaling the data.
- This code will keep track of both what has been installed and where it has been installed.
Impacts of this enhancement
- The SDD runtime will be aware and be able to keep track of updates made to a user's system in a simple and concise fashion.
Schema needs to be designed.
How do we determine unique names and id's to identify the products installed? (i.e. similar names)
How do we accommodate the case of a user deletion not through our runtime?