COSMOS Design 260737
Core resolver for handling variable/input expressions
This is the design document for bugzilla 260737.
|Jeff Hamm||January 22, 2009|
|Process||Sizing||Names of people doing the work|
|Design||1||Jeff Hamm, Brad Beck|
|Build and infrastructure||0|
|Code review, etc.*||1|
'* - includes other committer work (e.g. check-in, contribution tracking)
This enhancement will provide a basic implementation of a resolver for the SDD Runtime that can process and resolve variables that are input expressions as modeled in a SDD.
- Recognize the varying types of variables that can be modeled in the SDD.
- ConditionalVariableTypes that require resolution.
- Expressions that are defined based on a condition or set of conditions.
- Variables that represent user input parameters where default values may or may not be specified.
- Interfaces to the class must adhere to a common api for existing in the Profile Module.
- "SystemPropertyResolver" will take the variable properties defined in the SDD and see if there are any system properties that have been defined that match the request. This gives the runtime the ability to accept parameters at execution time that may satisfy resource or requirement constraints.
- "UserInputParameterResolver" will use any adapter interfaces to user input handlers for determining what parameters should be queried for and how the results provided from the user resolve in the SDD.
Impacts of this enhancement
- The SDD runtime will be able to interact and accept input from different sources provided by the user and use this data to help in resolution of defined SDD resources and requirements.