COSMOS Design 260735
Core resolver for directory services
This is the design document for bugzilla 260735.
|Jeff Hamm||January 22, 2009|
|Process||Sizing||Names of people doing the work|
|Design||1||Jeff Hamm, Brad Beck|
|Build and infrastructure||0|
|Code review, etc.*||1|
'* - includes other committer work (e.g. check-in, contribution tracking)
This enhancement will provide a basic implementation of a resolver for the SDD Runtime that can process and resolve directory services as modeled in a SDD.
- Based on the CIM type of CIM_Directory, the resolver must be able to recognize the type of directory system being utilized.
- Typically, the operating system must be known in order to determine the proper method of utilizing and asking for directory services.
- The resolver must be able to provide a core set of property handlers.
- The resolver must be able to check to see if a defined directory resource is readable.
- The resolver must be able to determine if a defined directory resource is writable
- The resolver must be able to determine if a defined directory resource exists.
- Interfaces to the class must adhere to a common api for existing in the Profile Module.
- "DirectoryResolver" will take the directory properties defined in the SDD and see if the conditions that are required can be satisfied.
- This resolver will use other defined resources in topology of the SDD to validate the existance.
- Resolution of directory services often will require other resources in topology to be resolved.
Impacts of this enhancement
- The SDD runtime will be able to interact with defined topology directory services and use this data to help in resolution of defined SDD resources and requirements on the defined service.