COSMOS Design 260723
Core resolver for operating system and core operating system properties
This is the design document for bugzilla 260723.
|Jeff Hamm||January 22, 2009|
|Process||Sizing||Names of people doing the work|
|Design||1||Jeff Hamm, Brad Beck|
|Build and infrastructure||0|
|Code review, etc.*||1|
'* - includes other committer work (e.g. check-in, contribution tracking)
This enhancement will provide a basic implementation of a resolver for the SDD Runtime that can process and resolve operating system resources as modeled in a SDD.
- Based on the CIM type of CIM_OperatingSystem, the resolver must be able to recognize the type of type of operating system being requested.
- The resolver must be able to provide a core set of properties that may further define the operating system.
- The resolver must be able to check to see if a defined operating system resource is a particular version.
- Interfaces to the class must adhere to a common api for existing in the Profile Module.
- "OperatingSystemResolver" will take the properties defined in the SDD for the topology and see if the conditions that are required can be satisfied.
- This resolver will use other defined resources in topology of the SDD to validate the existance.
- Operating system resources are discovered using Java defined system properties.
- Operating system resources are also discovered using provided JNI libraries that can operate on various types of resource.
- The initial version of this resolver will discover Windows and Unix operating systems, concentrating on Linux and Solaris at first.
- The initial version of this resolver will validate minimum requirements on operating system versions.
Impacts of this enhancement
- The SDD runtime will be able to interact with defined topology directory services and use this data to help in resolution of defined SDD resources and requirements on the defined service.