COSMOSDataCollectionMeeting20071023

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Agenda

  • Status updates and agenda changes
  • Review action items
  • F2F Agenda COSMOSF2F-08-Nov-07

Attendees

  • Don Ebright
  • Bill Muldoon
  • John Todd
  • Maosheng Liang
  • Jack Devine
  • Jimmy Mohsin
  • Joel Hawkins
  • Hubert Leung

Discussion

  • Jimmy announced a web meeting scheduled for 3:30 EDT today to allow attendees to verify that they can access tomorrow's MR2 presentation.
  • Most of the meeting was devoted to prioritizing the agenda for the November 7 face to face meeting. We discussed prioritizing these topics:
  • Define the goals of our use case leveraging CMDBf and clarify how the work is divided into the iterations. We also need to determine how our development efforts align with the reference implementation that CMDBf intends to build. For now, we can assume that we need to provide the interfaces to allow reuse of our registration and query implementation within a broader federation context. We need to work with the CMDBf group to assure that COSMOS provides a platform that the reference implementation can be built upon or ideally that this RI could be built within a future COSMOS release.
  • Define the contents of our M2 deliverable package and adopter usage patterns. There is a great need to clarify and simplify the process of adoption. There are many areas that could be improved so bring your ideas.
  • We need to provide more definition of our QA processes. This discussion should be scheduled for a time when Shiva Shankari of CA can attend. A suggestion was made that we schedule this topic for 8AM EST on Thursday, November 8.

Action Items

  • Don to update the F2F page with a tentative schedule.