COSMOS Community Call Minutes - October 4, 2007
Attendees: Mark, Jack, Jimmy, Bill, Valentina, Hubert, David, Bobby, Rich, Jagmit, Sheldon, Tania
- Create proposal for EclipseCon submission - Mark & Jimmy
- Send Jimmy information on the COSMOS build process - Balan
- Close out or move i6 bugs to another iteration - All
- Post revised schedule to wiki and call for a vote - Tania
- Add feature lists to release schedule - Tania
- EclipseCon is scheduled for March 17-20. The deadline to submit proposals for talks and demos is November 19. We need to determine what topics we would like to present.
- We should host either a demo or a long talk on the role of CMDBf. Jimmy's slide deck is a good start for this topic.
- We will also want to host a BOF session and possibly a short talk (5-10 minutes)
- Mark & Jimmy will work on the submission proposal
- We broader participation on the Release Engineering team
- We want to make the build more open and put it on a server so that more people can run it
- The time committment is about 1 day per week on average
- It is ok to assign a junior engineer to this
- Jimmy and Jack from CA will get back to the team with a name next week
- Can someone send Jimmy the build information to help training on the build process? Yes, we will discuss this on the Release Engineering call today.
i6 Test Pass:
- Resource Modeling and Data Visualization posted confirmation that they completed the test pass.
- Data Collection JUnit tests have been run. Sheldon also ran end-to-end test. So, the DC test pass has been completed.
- Since all teams have completed the i6 test pass, we can declare the latest candidate build the stable i6 build and move to i7.
- There are still some open bugs against i6. Teams should close them, or move them to a future iteration.
- Tania posted the proposed release schedule revisions on the wiki. There has been some discussion on closing i8 by the end of this year.
- The reason for the push to wrap up i8 in December is to be sure we have a milestone for Eclipse Con. Wrapping up i8 in December will be difficult because of the holidays. Instead, can we move Milestone 2 to the end of i9 in early March and use this for Eclipse Con? Team consensus is yes.
- Tania will update the plan to reflect this proposal and post to the devlist for a vote.
- Milestones should mean that we have completed a certain set of features. You can tell which enhancements are in each iteration through Bugzilla; however, it would be nice to list the features in the table with the schedule. Tania will look at doing this.