- What's up with Doug
- CDT 4.0.3/Europa Spring Maintenance Release
- CDT 5.0/Ganymede
- Technical Discussions
- Common/shared breakpoints between CDI/DSF (Pawel)
- Refactoring (Markus)
- Attendees: Leo (Intel), Pawel (Wind), Beth (IBM), Bill (Intel), John (Freescale), Chris (IBM), Jason (IBM), Vivian (IBM), Mike (IBM), Mikhail (Intel), Ken (Nokia)
- Doug's at Wind River now, he's involved less in the CDT but that should only affect coding time. And he'll start sounding more like a manager now that he is one. :)
- [Bug 211533 https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=211533]
- Pawel has proposed API
- John had concerns with hardware breakpoints but API doesn't block them
- Platform has [bug 212316 https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=212316] on a more general area but not sure they'll have time to do it. But it's not critical.
- General discussion on DSF
- Progress is going well on the MI integration with DSF. Still some things to do though and it's not clear when they'll get done.
- Still interest in the community to leverage DSF
- But we will need to keep CDI around and will need to determine at what level as we get closer to RC0.
- This also points out we need to make sure we build the CDT so that it targets specific environments so that we can pick the right integration for the user.
- Core discussion
- Chris R is working on the IPath transition to support remote EFS file systems and is pursuing a plan that seems like a good compromise for all concerns.
- We also need to really understand how the CDT is using IPath to make sure we do the right thing. We've made a lot of assumptions over the years.
- We will have a CDT BOF
- But we also need to have a project meeting for the contributors that will be there. I'll organize that through the cdt-dev list.