19/01/2007, 16:00 UTC
| Toll Free:
| Global Tool Free:
|| 800 7279-1480
| Conf ID:
- roundtable of progress
- within fragment filtering on binding types
- index provider design question (see 167096)
- continue remote indexing discussions
Chris, Vivian, Jason (IBM)
* Andrew: has seen offline indexing work in his local sandbox from end to end, some design questions over choices in parts of the implementation
* Doug: has fixed scalability issue with file mapping of ~450MB pdoms. Moved to JVM heap-based buffers, some performance degradation. Customizable limit of max memory used. This is on the 3.1.2 branch, hopes to port to CDT 4.0 towards the end of feb. Co-op student making good progress with porting Content Assist to the PDOM. Markus is interested to see the code for this earlier. Templates in the PDOM probably around march.
* Chris: Working with Jason on language extensibility. Setup per-project mapping for language to content type. Currently no notification mechanism, e.g. re-index. Doug suggests CElementDelta. Hope to commit a first cut early next week.
* Jason: 3 concerns about IIndex in remote indexing scenario: locking (case where connection is broken), query (returns bindings, bindings from a graph), remote+local bindings in results
* Markus: work continues on the Type Hierarchy. Fixed floating PDOMCPPBase problem.
- Discussion about remote indexing. Still concerns about the impact on the architecture, and how much the requirements are shared amongst CDT. Not yet resolved. IBM to investigate all solutions more.
- Within fragment filtering - Doug suggests callback. Andrew to investigate. Markus says this is the intention with the existing IndexFilter.
- Composite Bindings vs IIndex.findInNamespace vs changing ICPPNamespace methods - Andrew to follow up discussion in bugzilla.
- Andrew hoping for feedback on: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=167096
- Markus and Doug keen to see as much code in CDT earlier than later. Doug hoping to look more at Template Engine contribution currently in ipZilla.