CDO/Hibernate Store/Download and Install
This page describes the required software components, their versions and download locations. Also the location of the example Eclipse projects is listed on this page.
The CDO Hibernate Store is available in the following versions:
- CDO 4.1: Eclipse 3.7-3.8, EMF 2.7-2.8, Hibernate 4.1, Teneo 2.0.0
- CDO 4.0: Eclipse 3.7, EMF 2.7, Hibernate 3.6, Teneo 1.2.0
All the software should be installed/installed as plugins. The download locations of all the required plugins are listed in the next sections.
Update site locations
All the Hibernate store dependencies are downloaded and installed through update sites.
To download Eclipse. To download it go to this page: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/, for the development builds go to the development builds tab. For the tutorials, the Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers or Eclipse IDE for Java Developers can be used (no need to pick the full modeling tools).
EMF is probably included in the Eclipse IDE. It can be installed from the Helios update site directly.
First install the CDO Hibernate store dependencies from one of these update sites.
For CDO Hibernate Store 4.1 RC1 and later dependencies use these sites:
- Teneo: http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/teneo/updates/2.00/interim/
- Hibernate and other 3rd party libs: http://www.elver.org/eclipse/2.0.0/update
For CDO Hibernate Store 4.0 and 4.1 until and including the M7 build, dependencies use these sites:
- Teneo: http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/teneo/updates/1.2.0/interim/
- Hibernate and other 3rd party libs: http://www.elver.org/eclipse/1.2.0/update
For CDO Hibernate Store 3.0 dependencies use these sites:
- Teneo: http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/teneo/updates/1.1.2/interim/
- Hibernate and other 3rd party libs: http://www.elver.org/eclipse/1.1.2/update
Then install the CDO plugins using one of the update sites listed here:
Installing the plugins
The CDO plugins are installed using p2 directly.
For the zipped files the following approach can be used:
- all the zip files were unzipped and then merged together in one directory 'eclipse' (with subdirectories features and plugins)
- this eclipse directory was placed in the dropins directory of the eclipse installation
After installing restart eclipse.
For more information see the p2 getting started page.
After restarting Eclipse you can visit the Help > About Eclipse > Installation Details (a button). It should show the installed plugins as shown below.
The CDO Hibernate store tutorials make use of 3 Eclipse projects:
- org.eclipse.emf.cdo.examples.company: contains the example model which has already been prepared for CDO (see here how this is done)
- org.eclipse.emf.cdo.examples.hibernate.server: contains the server configuration and server side part of the tutorial
- org.eclipse.emf.cdo.examples.hibernate.client: shows client connection code and contains junit tests creating and querying for data
These projects can be found in git at this location: http://git.eclipse.org/c/cdo/cdo.git/tree/plugins
To clone/get the dev projects execute this command (in linux): git clone http://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/cdo/cdo.git/
This will give you the master/4.1 clone. If you want the 4.0 version then inside the cdo directory (created by the clone action): git checkout streams/4.0-maintenance
(note: the org.eclipse.emf.cdo.examples.hibernate.client contains dependencies on the hibernate cdo store server side. This is just to support the generation of the hbm file (see here). Normally a client side plugin would not have these dependencies.)