Brainstorm session of ideas for EPIC
The following is a list of suggestions that we could implement in EPIC. This is a result of a brainstorming session held on Jan. 16. Please feel free to add new ideas and or comments.
- Reach out to other Eclipse plug-in portals to foster better integration
- Provide more rich information
- Better linkage between EclipseSource and EPIC
- Create a service and training directory, equivalent to the existing plug-in directory.
- Encourage plug-in providers to maintain a xml file, similar to the project-info.xml file, that EPIC could spider to maintain up to date information.
- Establish an 'integrator' list that allows organizations to specify which EPIC plug-ins they are using in their products. Then for each plugin list which integrators have bundles a particular plug-in.
- Have Google Ads on more EPIC pages.
- Redesign the EPIC home page
- Provide more visibility for Foundation member plugins
- Develop a graphical view of the eclipse ecosystem.
- Develop a Google Map mashup to show where different parts of the ecosystem are located
- Conduct more user surveys to get feedback.
- Add an events calendar
- Promote EPIC at EclispeCon