Babel / Development Status Meetings / 2009-08-10
- Babel Release - post 0.7
- focus on packaging and polishing works for the translation server, message editor, and other tools
- any progress?
- bug 279016 Create a simple plugin that links strings in the UI to the babel server
- Nigel: Antoine has done some work on a web services interface, but we still don't have what we would need, ie. given a plug-in, resource bundle, message key, and language, we need to be able to look up the text and to set the text. I would not have thought it would be much work, especially given Antoine's work. But I do not have PHP experience so I can't really judge.
- Gabe, can you help evaluate how much work is needed?
- UI for translating doc files
- JWG is preparing to contribute some doc translations
- We may need a simple UI to load, view, or modify the doc translations
- We also should start thinking about the building of the doc translations
- If I have some sample doc translations, I can start working on the building part
- I will contact JWG for doc translation samples